Living in Ocala places you almost in the center of Florida. You have the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico within convenient reach. Not only that, the Silver, St. Johns and Ocklawaha rivers flow through the region. Living in the area gives you access to plenty of the Sunshine State's maritime opportunities.
Since Florida has plenty of beaches, rivers and lakes, you might want to buy a boat. Having one can allow you to enjoy all sorts of aquatic fun. However, before you set sail, think about protecting your vessel. Your boat is an expensive piece of heavy equipment, and it needs insurance coverage.
Learn More About Ocala Insurance
Getting the Right Coverage
Every boat, from a canoe to a yacht, has value. If something were to damage or destroy the craft, that's a financial hit to the owner. Don't put yourself in the way of lost money. Boat insurance can help you afford repairs, replacements and liability costs that result from an unavoidable accident.
Vessels will need unique coverage based on how, where and why you use it. Therefore, don't settle for a one-size-fits-all boat insurance policy. Let your insurance agent tailor it to fit your needs.
The Coverage You Might Need
An Ocala boater will likely need different boat insurance than one in Miami. However, many boaters carry similar types of protection on their policies. By adding some or all the following elements of coverage to your policy, you might become safer.
- Collision and Comprehensive Coverage: Can help you pay for repairs or replacement of your vessel following a wreck or other damaging incident.
- Liability Insurance: Your actions on your boat might harm others. As a result, they might sue you or ask for compensation. Liability protection can help you cover your costs to others.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Can cover your own or passengers' medical bills if accidents lead to injuries.
- Personal Property Protection: If you lose personal items in a wreck, policies can help you recover losses.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Coverage: Covers boaters who collide with at-fault boaters who do not have liability insurance.
- Towing Coverage: Accidents can happen on dry land and on the water. If you need help towing your boat, get this coverage. It can also assist you if a problem happens while transporting your boat on a trailer.
Remember, you're going to need your boat insurance policy to fit your needs specifically. So, tell your Ahrens Insurance agent how you will use the vessel. Our agents can guide you in determining the coverage elements you need.
Get A Quote