You might think Ocala is a perfectly safe area. We're very glad to say that in most cases, this holds true. However, you cannot assume that your possessions are immune to the risk of theft or vandalism. This is especially true when it comes to your car. Indeed, in many cases, cars are some of the most easily stolen items anyone can own. What can you do to keep your risk of a vehicle theft to a minimum?
Learn More About Ocala Insurance
Protecting Your Car
It doesn't take a lot of effort to reduce vehicle theft or vandalism risks. In most cases, these security steps come at a minimal cost.
- Lock your vehicle and arm the security system. Keep the vehicle locked and turn on the alarm system if you have one, even when you're parked at your own residence.
- Don't leave valuables on display in the car. Visible items might entice thieves. Put purses, electronics and shopping items in the trunk, out of sight.
- Never leave your keys in the car.
- Consider additional security devices. A GPS monitoring system or steering wheel lock might deter thieves. These items might even help you catch them should they strike.
- Whenever possible, park in garages or well-lit areas. Thieves like to make a quick getaway, so making it hard for them to go unnoticed might help you.
Should you face vehicle theft, your car insurance policy can help you if you carry comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive insurance is a coverage that helps pay to replace or repair your vehicle if it's stolen or damaged in an incident that's not a collision. Comprehensive typically covers damage from fire, theft, vandalism or falling objects (like a tree or hail).
Florida does not require drivers to carry comprehensive insurance. This coverage is optional. If you want comprehensive on your policy, you will need to ask your Ahrens Insurance agent to include this coverage on your policy.
Get A Quote