Florida's average car insurance rate is around $1,100 per year. Ocala residents, more specifically, pay around $1,000 annually. Given that you, as a driver, must factor this cost into your budget, you'll want to save as much as you can on coverage. One of the most common ways to do so is to ask for policy discounts. What are some of these? How can they benefit you?
What's A Policy Discount?
Auto insurance providers like to reward their most reliable customers. These might be those who pay their premiums on time, don't make claims or remain covered with the company for years.
Aspects like these may demonstrate lower risks for the insurer who decides to offer coverage. Because of lower risks, many insurers will offer policy savings directly to the customer. Those savings can come in the form of discounts. Qualifying drivers will pay less for their policy than other policyholders might. Thus, be sure to ask your Ahrens Insurance agent for all available discounts.
Discounts Available For Families
Most Ocala families need several insurance policies. That quantity could drive your overall policy costs up. However, if you know how to save through discounts, you can better control prices. Some of the discounts that may come with your auto insurance include:
- Multi-Vehicle Policies: Families with more than one car must insure all those vehicles. Similar vehicles often can qualify for the same coverage. Therefore, by adding them to one policy, you can often access considerable savings.
- Bundling Discounts: If you buy more than one policy from the same company, you can often qualify for savings. Many insurers offer auto, home and other policies at the same time.
- Claims-Free Discounts: Drivers who don't have claims on their policies often qualify for savings.
- Good Student Discounts: If you or a child attends school, you might qualify for savings. Drivers who maintain good grades might qualify for rate reductions.
- Driving Course Savings: Drivers who take traffic courses can make themselves safer. That creates a lower risk of accident and liability claims. Therefore, they might qualify for a rate cut.
- Auto-Renewal And Auto-Payment Savings: These options ensure you can always keep your policy active. Your insurer may offer discounts since you have a lower risk of letting your policy lapse. The Paid in Full discount could save you hundreds of dollars.
These are just a few of the auto insurance discount items out there. Your Ahrens Insurance agent can better advise you on those available with your policy options. They'll help you balance discounts with your overall premiums to maximize savings. Call (352) 368-7090 or request an on-line quote and start saving today on your auto insurance.