Ocala FL Manufactured Home Insurance
Also Serving The Villages, Gainesville & other areas in Florida
There are more than 800,000 manufactured homes throughout Florida, the highest number in any state. Don't make the mistake of thinking that a manufactured home is simply a cookie-cutter residence. It's a unique home, and your responsibility is to protect it. Getting insurance for the property is just one of many ways you can do so.
Ahrens Insurance Agency can insure manufactured homes with companies that offer the highest-quality protection.
What Is Manufactured Home Insurance?
Manufactured home insurance is a version of homeowners insurance that applies specifically to manufactured homes.
These homes often have unique structural and liability risks, which is why property owners need specific coverage. It helps them pay the restoration costs that might result if damaging incidents occur. With coverage, owners won't have to worry about how they will pick up the pieces if an accident strikes.
The Benefits of Coverage
In 2018, the average manufactured home price in the U.S. was around $40,000 - $60,000 for single-wide properties, and upwards of $90,000 for a double-wide. That doesn’t include the cost of the land where you'll place the home, and it doesn't represent the full property value you'll accumulate over the years. In the Ocala area alone, home values average over $140,000.
Still, regardless of the exact property value, you're going to put money into the manufactured home over the years. That's a lot to lose if something happens. Your insurance will make sure you can protect that investment.
What Does Manufactured Home Insurance Cover?
Most manufactured home insurance policies automatically includes several of the following policy options:
- Dwelling Insurance: This coverage pays for the structure of the home in case damage occurs.
- Other Structure Coverage: This portion of your policy will pay for such items as storage buildings or carports on your property.
- Personal Property Insurance: This coverage will pay for your belongings inside the home.
- Loss of Use Protection: If property damage occurs, you might have to move out of the home temporarily. This coverage can help you pay extra costs — such as hotel bills — during a displacement.
- Liability Coverage: Someone might get hurt in your home. Or, they might claim that you damaged their property. Liability insurance can help those parties receive compensation for their losses. It can also help you cover legal costs if they sue you.
- Medical Payments: Guest medical cost coverage, regardless if you were at-fault for someone's injury, this coverage can assist them with their medical costs.
Don't forget, besides the standard policy options, you can purchase extended coverage options such as:
- Scheduled/high-value items protection
- Carports and storage buildings
- Replacement cost coverage on Dwelling
- Replacement cost coverage on Contents
Do I Need Flood Insurance?
Standard manufactured home insurance does not cover damage from weather-related floods. However, in some cases, your mortgage lender will require you to buy flood insurance for your property.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How much does manufactured home insurance cost?
Policies in Florida often cost $1,000 - $2,000/year. However, such factors as the value of the home and the amount of coverage you buy will impact your specific premium.
Sometimes, manufactured home insurance is more expensive than the coverage on a standard home. These properties might face higher risks of damage, which can drive costs up because more-specific coverage is necessary. Ahrens Insurance Agency's dedicated agents will help tailor a policy for your specific needs.
Are tie downs required for all manufactured homes?
Yes. In Florida, tie downs are required for all manufactured homes.
Tie Downs will permanently anchor the manufactured home to the ground and will help reduce wind storm damage. For any home older than 1980, the companies will require a tie down inspection.
Whether you are new to manufactured homes, or renewing an existing insurance policy, your Ahrens Insurance Agency team member can make sure your coverage offers you its best protection. To get covered, contact us by phone at (352) 358-7090 or request a fast, free online quote now.